24″ High x 34″ Wide Poster
In 1841, Congress created the Lake Survey within the U.S. Army Topographical Engineers, which later became part of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The Survey, based in Detroit, was charged with conducting a hydrographical survey of the Northern and Northwestern Lakes.
This 1853 navigational map covers the head of Green Bay, Lake Michigan, including the entrance to the Fox River, Cat Island and other islands in the southern end of Green Bay.
To view this map online, please visit:
Publication #: AGS-3